Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Upgrading to Version 2
This guide details how to upgrade your web-app from version 1 to version 2.
Version 2 requires an upgrade from .Net Core 2.0 to .Net Core 3.1. It also switches from Out of Process hosting (Kestrel Server) to In Process hosting (IIS). Follow these steps to upgrade the application from versions older than 2.x to 2.0 and above.
1) Download the .Net Core 3.1 hosting bundle by clicking here.
- Unzip the v2installfiles.
- Run dotnet-hosting-3.1.0-win.exe.
- Follow the instructions to install this.
- The Server may need to be restarted after installing this.
2) The "api" application must now run on a separate Application Pool to the "auth" application.
- In IIS, create a new Application Pool from the "Application Pools" menu, this should look like the below:
- Select the api application from your NetHelpDesk Web App site, and choose "Basic Settings". Change the Application Pool to your newly created Application Pool:
3) Upgrade the web application as normal (by downloading the upgrade files, and replacing your old files with the new ones).
- If you are unsure how to carry out an upgrade, please call the support team and they will be happy to help.