Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
In the Halo platform, you can set email rules to specify different outcomes based on criteria for emails that come into the system. There are several different types of email rules that you can use in the Halo platform, which are configured via heading to Configuration > Email and clicking into 'Email Rules':
You will then be presented with a list of the Email Rules that exist within Halo. To create a new rule please click 'New' found at the top right-hand side of the screen:
You will then be taken to the New Email Rule screen where you can populate the information relevant to your new Email Rule:
Here, you will see an option to specify the 'Email Rule Type'. Below outlines what each Email Rule type does:
- Ignore Email - Any incoming email that matches the specified criteria will be ignored by the system.
- Help Request - This rule allows for information from incoming emails to be mapped to existing fields within Halo, along with specifying a ticket type for tickets raised via these emails. Once a ticket type has been specified, you will be able to create field mappings via clicking the '+' highlighted:
You will then be presented with a window to specify the field to map, match type and start/end tags (the information contained between these tags is what the field will be populated with).
You can also specify Asset Matching for this Email Rule type, which works in a similar fashion to the field mappings:
- Service Status - This email rule allows for the status of services to be monitored via incoming alert emails. For further information configuring these emails, please visit https://haloservicedesk.com/guides/article/?kbid=1048
- Supplier Email Update - When incoming emails match this rule, you are able to match to existing supplier tickets.
Halo also allows for incoming alert emails from 3rd parties to raise and update tickets. The 'Alert Email' rule allows for tickets of a specified type to be raised, fields to be matched and also allows for tickets to be closed based on the presence of a string in the email:
Halo has specific alert email rule types for:
- Connectwise Automate
- Datto RMM
- Ninja RMM
For further information on configuring these integrations and their associated alerts, please visit the respective guides.
It should also be noted that Halo provides the ability to have incoming emails raise a ticket with a given template. This is configured by making an email rule of type 'Apply Template' and selecting the template you would like to use.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars