Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
SMS Set Up
Halo is compatible with select third party email-to-SMS services which allows Halo to send emails to the SMS provider. To set this up, please see the below:
1) Go in to Configuration>Email and scroll down to SMS Settings
2) Here you will need to fill in the domain of your SMS provider (For example Text Local, Capal, or any 3rd Party SMS provider)
The from address will be your email address that the system is sending from.
The display name for the email will be what you want to display.
3) After this configuration has been set up, you can configure the SMS email template which shows up just under the normal email templates once you have an SMS provider configured:
- When the Show SMS fields setting is enabled, you can then add this to any action so that the 'enter a phone number' option appears.
You can add this option to any action in Config>Tickets>Actions, chosen action and ticking the following box:
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars