Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
1) Navigate to: Configuration > Asset Management > General Settings > Import Assets
- Under 'Unique identifier for Assets' there is a drop down selection to chose which field to use to match on existing records. In this example, the unique identifier is the Asset Number. Which is the field below. However you can chose any option from the dropdown list as the field to match for your existing records. If the Asset Number is not matched, a new record will be created.
2) Click on 'Import Assets' and from the next screen download the following file, 'Download Samples'. The sample you want to to open will be Assets.xlsx.
3) Head in to the spreadsheet. The fields in blue should NOT be altered, and the matching fields MUST be included on the spreadsheet, otherwise every asset will be created as new.
- For the import to sync correctly, the Customer Name, Site, and Device Type (Asset Type) must already exist within Halo. These first three columns must also be filled in, the other columns are not mandatory.
- 'CustomerName' = Client Name
- 'SiteName' = The customers site
- 'AssetTag' = Asset Number
- 'User' = End-User
You can then fill in any notes relating to the asset, SLA's, warranty, supplier ect. The SLA, priority and Supplier chosen will also need to exist within Halo or this information will not be pulled in.
4) Once you have filled in the fields, you will need to save your the spreadsheet to your documents. Head back in to Halo and click the 'Import Assets' button again. To download the spreadsheet, click on 'Choose file', and choose the saved file. The information entered in to the spreadsheet should appear, and you can then click 'Start' to begin the import:
- Once this has been imported, the result should show 'done':
- Within Halo, you should now be able to see the asset you've imported with all of the relevant fields:
5) Your Asset import is now complete!
Asset fields and Custom Asset fields
In the event that you have fields which do not exist within the spreadsheet, Asset Fields can be used. Below are the instructions for how to create an Asset field:
1) Head in to Configuration>Asset Management>Fields and add new:
There is a drop down for different type of fields including Text, Numeric, Date. In this example I have created the test field as a text field.
2) Once saved, you can chose to add this to all Asset Types, or within each asset type, chose which field you wish to add this to. The new field will now appear in the 'additional details' section of the details tab within with asset:
3) To add Asset Fields to your spreadsheet to import these, you will need to add columns with the Asset Field name to import, prefixed with "AF". For example, "AFTest Asset Field":
4) Once the spreadsheet is imported, your Asset Field will now populate with the information from the spreadsheet:
Similarly to Asset fields, custom fields can be added in the same way under Configuration>Custom Objects>Custom fields, under the Asset entity:
- Custom fields would be used rather than Asset fields in the event that you wish to show the field on a separate tab within the asset record, and are more advanced than asset fields.
1) Create your custom field. At the bottom of this, there is an option to chose which tab you would like this added as seen below. Custom field names do not contain spaces which you will need to remember when adding the column to your spreadsheet.
3) Once saved, you will now see this Custom field within the Custom field tab within the asset:
4) Similarly to the Asset Field, you will need to add columns with the Custom Field name to import, prefixed with "CF". For example, "CFTestAssetCustomField" (As custom fields do not contain spaces):
5) Once saved and imported, your Custom Asset Field will now populate with the information from the spreadsheet:
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars