Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Quickbooks Desktop Integration
The Quickbooks Desktop integration has recently moved to a new application that is run locally but connects to your HaloPSA instance using the Halo API.
It can be downloaded from https://s3.halopsa.com/HaloAccountsIntegrator.zip
Seting up the Integration
1. Download the app and ensure that it is running locally to Quickbooks Desktop
2. Go to HaloPSA > Configuration > Integrations > HaloPSA API > View Applications and create a new application
3. Enter a sensible Application Name (such as "Quickbooks") and set the Authentication Method to "Client ID and Secret" and take note of the Client ID and Secret.
4. Set the Login Type to "Agent" and choose an Agent account to impersonate.
5. Go to the permissions tab and ensure that at least "Admin", "Edit - Items", "Edit - Customers", "Edit - Invoices" are selected and Save.
6. Start the HaloAccountsIntegrator.exe and enter your HaloPSA URL and the Client ID and Secret that were noted down in step 3.
7. Click "Connect" and the Click on the Quickbooks icon.
8. Ensure that the Quickbooks Foundation Classes are installed locally and if they are not you can download them from this screen.
9. Choose your correct Quickbooks Version from the dropdown and ensure that Quickbooks is running then click Connect again.
10. Once connected you should see an introduction tab and 4 other tabs for each entity that the integration currently interacts with.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars