Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Asset Resource Booking
Activate the Resource Booking module from Config > Asset Management.
This will open up a new tab on the Asset Type details screen for resource booking, which will allow you to activate resource booking for an Asset type and contains all settings relevant to resource booking.
Resource booking hours will allow you to choose a workday set for which booking is allowed based on working days, hours and holidays. Booking types define the duration of a booking and are used to determine the available timeslots within the working hours. These can be set as follows;
- A fixed number of minutes (e.g 60 minutes). This will make the timeslots available every hour within the working hours.
- A fixed number of days (e.g 1 day). This will make it so you only select a start date of the booking instead of a particular time slot.
- Custom timeslots. These allow you to specify the slots you want to be available within the working hours and these can be spaced however and at different intervals.
There are also settings that determine which assets will be available based on client and site, whether to auto-allocate an asset or allow selection, and the minimum hours in advance to allow booking and maximum days in advance to allow booking.
Resource booking itself is done via the new ticket screen on the end-user portal or agent application. In order to use this a "Resource Type" must first be chosen. This links to the Asset types for which resource booking is enabled. A default can be picked at either Template or Ticket Type level, or you can add the Resource Type field to the Ticket type field list in order to select it on the new ticket form.
Add the "Resource Booking" field to your ticket type in order to show the booking fields on the new ticket screen.
The booking fields show as follows;
- Booking duration - selection of a booking type in order to determine the timeslots to choose from
- Booking date/Booking start date - a calendar that shows which days have available timeslots based on the chosen booking type. Selecting a date will show the available Booking timeslots
- Booking timeslot - lists all timeslots which are available on the chosen day.
- Resource - if the selection of an asset is enabled this will show after choosing a timeslot, and allow you to pick from the available resources in that timeslot.
The Resource Booking field determines the value of the Start Date/Time, Target Date/Time, and Asset fields. These fields should not be used on the same New ticket form as the Resource Booking field.
Availability of a date/timeslot/asset is determined by if it's within the specified working hours, minimum and maximum hours/days in advance, and tickets for the Asset with a Start Date/Time and Target Date/Time that overlaps with the timeslot.
You can now also toggle Calendar view when viewing Assets tickets so you can easily see the bookings for a particular asset on a Calendar. A few other minor improvements have been made involving being able to see start/target date/times on the end-user portal, calendar view, and resolving a few related issues.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars