Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Upgrading to Version 2.88
This article details an additional upgrade step which is needed to upgrade to v2.88 from versions prior to 2.88. The latest version of the 2015-2022 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable needs to be installed as part of this upgrade.
This step is required to print pdfs on v2.88. If not performed, the application will continue to work, but you will not be able to print pdfs.
If you already have the latest version 2015-2022 of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio installed on your Halo web application server, you may disregard this message.
Warning: Your server will need to be restarted as part of these steps, meaning downtime will be required for this upgrade.
1. On your Halo web application server, go to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio-2015-2017-2019-and-2022
2. Download either the x86 or x64 exe under "Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022" depending on OS (commonly x64).
3. Run the exe to install the C++ Redistributables.
4. When completed, restart the Halo web application server.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars