Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Variables in Email Templates
Note: Any variable written in this guide is written with a hyphen between the $ sign and the word. This is so there is no replacement of them if this guide is shared through any Halo action. When used, they should be used without a hyphen (-).
In Halo the $-variable you will see in email templates and action field default values can be used in any action. This includes private, public, hidden, system and quick actions. They are perhaps the quickest way of displaying information relevant to the ticket in an action.
Within Email Templates
Head to configuration and to email, under outgoing click email templates and select a template to edit. Click "Edit" in the top left of this screen and scroll down to the text boxes.
In the edit screen there is a link about the summary field to the $-Variable list as attached.
Similar to above, inputting a variable in one of these templates will replace the variable name with information attached to the dataset of the ticket.
Adding these is similar, detailed below:
- Pick the information you wish to add into the email
- Custom fields are included, use $-CF___ with the field name replacing the underscores.
- Add the variables into the Summary or Email body box in any format/font you require, including tables.
- Save the template.
Now whenever an agent performs an action that sends an email using this template, the $-variables will be replaced by the information relevant to the variable used.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars