Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Creating Tickets Via Email
Emails leaving the Halo system are usually pre-formatted based on email templates. This ensures uniform communication and branding reaches your customers or organisation.
These email templates also ensure that a unique ticket ID is placed in the subject line of outgoing emails. This means that when an end-user replies to the email, this reply is pulled straight back into the same ticket.
When an email is received without a ticket ID in the subject line, it cannot match to a ticket and therefore a new ticket is created.
What is a Ticket ID?
When any ticket is generated in Halo it is given a unique ticket ID in your database. This is held in the title of the ticket and is the easiest way of searching for a ticket throughout Halo. This logic applies to any ticket type (opportunity, incident or project for example).
Below is an email that was sent from Halo and contains the ticket ID between '[ID:' and ']' which are the default tags. These can be customised in your mailbox setup and can even be unique to every mailbox.
Custom ticket ID tags should be unambiguous, there shouldn't be any way that the sequence can be used accidentally i.e '!' and '?' would be inadequate for start and end tags.
Identifying End-User Responses
When an email is polled into Halo from your synced mailbox, the system will check 3 things:
- Does it matches any tickets using the ticket ID system?
- Who it is from? E.g. an agent, user or supplier (it checks this by looking at email addresses).
- Is there any additional information we need to capture?
There is a distinction between end-user updates and agent updates which can be differentiated from one another by the action description, the text directly underneath the name, and of course the name.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars