Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Navigating the Software
The below image is your global ticket view, for any screen you have that contains tickets (be it opportunities, sales, ticket, projects or otherwise) it will look similar to this.
There are many elements that can be hidden by agent, team or role. This gives you the power to concentrate on your own work and not get distracted looking at others, or, gives you the power to have a view of everyone's to see the bigger picture.
The Top Ribbon
The below image is the top ribbon of the ticket view, it is present in all areas and views within Halo and is your key to navigating successfully.
- Here is the Menu button, pressing this will reveal the sidebar and allow you to navigate to different areas of Halo.
- This is the current area you are in, currently I am viewing the Infrastructure team in Incidents.
- The search button, clicking this button will open the search pane.
- Your notifications pane is located by clicking this button.
- Behind here sits your appointments and tasks, you can filter these by time in here.
- All of the activity you have permission to see will be revealed when this button is clicked.
- This tab brings up the information pane, containing about versions and changes in Halo as well as contact information for us.
- Your agent Icon, here you can find security settings, account preferences and the logout button.
The Left Hand Pane
- Inputting a ticket number here will bring up the ticket, otherwise this will search tickets in the current list and searches users.
- This is the current filter and view profile, this selects which tickets will display in the main window.
- A number here displays the number of tickets the agents has assigned to them in the current filter profile.
- Listed here are all of the teams in that section you are available to view.
The Inner Ticket Window
- Displayed is your current filter profile and clicking this will allow you to select another view.
- Here is the page selection, new ticket button and the additional options button, including which columns of information display.
- These check-boxes allow you to change the attributes of multiple tickets at once. When selected an edit button will appear at the position of Number 1.
- These are the tickets that currently apply to the filter view and team/agent you have selected.