Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
If you write the same thing often enough to think about canned text, you should definitely add it to the options! Best of all, creating canned text is simple in Halo.
Using Canned Text
In any text or memo box, you will be given the option to insert canned text.
- Clicking this will first bring up the default group, if no other groups are present, or the list of groups.
- Navigate to the selection you wish to insert.
- Click the relevant summary to insert.
You have inserted the text over any selection you currently have or at the cursor position.
Adding new Canned Text From an Action
If you have just written something that you will have to write again, it is possible to capture it for use as canned text. This is done in 3 easy steps:
- In the text box, press the ⊕ button within the formatting ribbon.
- Give the new canned text a name and specify the group it should belong to.
- Press "Save".
Managing your Canned Text
- Head to Configuration > Tickets > Canned Text, this takes you to the complete list of canned text selections.
- You can filter by group by hovering over the group heading, clicking the funnel and typing a group name in here.
- You can edit the groups by clicking the "Edit canned text groups" in the top left.
Editing any one of the canned text selections takes you to a screen similar to the above, with the same options and the restrictions options. For any canned text selection you can set the restriction to:
- Any one given team
- An individual Agent
- A department
- Global - Everyone is able to use this