Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Connecting Through the API
Connecting to our API could not be simpler. Building your own integration with Halo is all explained in our API documentation.
To authorise any connection to your Web-App through the API you must register the application, this is done through the integrations tab of the configuration and navigating to the Halo API.
This is fully explained in the aformentioned API documentation and will allow your program to have continued access whilst the integration whilst the integration is active in Halo.
Resources and Data
By default, the resource server is available at *your Halo Web Application url*"/api". Each resource then has it's own endpoint, e.g tickets are available at *your NetHelpDesk Web Applicaiton url*"/api/tickets". Endpoints accept the HTTP GET, POST and DELETE methods depending on the resource that you are accessing.
GET - will return a dataset depending on the parameters in the Request.
POST - will accept an array of objects to add or update. Not all fields are required, only those that need to be updated and the ID field.
DELETE - require an ID and will remove the resource with that ID.
Each resource and method is protected by a minimum authentication level.
No Authentication - can access without a token
User - can access as a Halo end user
Agent - can access as a Halo agent
Admin - can only access as a Halo administrator
Resources may be protected further by permissions depending on your Halo configuration.
Your program will not receive a grant token:
- This can often mean that your program does not have access to a valid or up to date SSL Library. Current ones can be downloaded here. These should be placed in the working directory for the program.
- Somewhere in the input of data a spelling mistake was made.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars