Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
You can link assets to users, tickets, sites, or other child/parent assets. You can do all of this in any of the respective areas, for example it is possible to add an asset to a ticket, or in a user's profile you can link an asset to them in the assets tab.
Linking Assets to a Ticket
Head to a ticket you would like to link an asset to. Under the details tab or in the details pane on the right hand side you will find the "Related Assets" header.
- Click "Add Asset".
- Select the relevant search; "User", "Site", "All" or create a new one.
- On the search screen, find the asset(s) you wish to link.
- Click "Confirm Selection".
- The assets are now linked and displayed on the ticket:
Linking Assets to a User or Site
Linking to a site:
- From the site profile:
- Navigate to the site you wish to link an asset to.
- Head to the assets tab.
- Click "New" in the top right or "Clone" an existing asset as above.
- This will automatically create the link for you.
- From an asset:
- Enter any asset you wish to move site.
- Click edit in the top left.
- In the details tab, select the site you wish to move the asset to:
- Click save in the top left.
Moving Multiple Assets
Filter a selection of assets as instructed above; this could be assets of a given type, certain key fields or at another site.
- Select using the check boxes the assets that need to be moved
- The tick box at the top of the page will select all assets in the list, not just the ones on the page you are currently viewing.
- Mouse over edit in the top left.
- Click "Move".
- Select the site you wish to move these to.
- Click "Save".
Linking to a User/Parent/Child Asset
These three options can all be done from the user & linked assets tab in any asset's settings.
- Navigate to the asset you need to link
- Click "Users & Linked Assets" in the ribbon below the asset tag.
- Click "Edit" in the top left.
- Click the relevant button to link the asset.
- Search for either the user or asset in the global or site list.
- Mark your selections.
- Click "Confirm".
Your asset is now linked!
There are also user-asset relationships which behave the same way as asset-asset relationships. There is an icon to edit/add different relationships:
The edit relationship button will now take you to a drop-down much like the asset drop-down:
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars