Halo Service Desk Guides
Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the Halo Service Desk platform
Call Management in Halo
Primarily this feature is used when you have Agents answering the phone or making calls to log requests or incidents in Halo. You can have your agents running through call scripts to automate the process of information gathering and then log this in the ticket.
When enabled in the configuration you can edit the settings for this feature. This can be done by heading to the configuration and pressing the + symbol when hovering over the feature.
Logging a call manually
To manually log a call as an agent head to the ticket screen, click new and click "New Call", this will bring up the call screen which is explained below.
This is the call screen, this will appear when an incoming call is taken or when an outgoing call is logged using the call feature.
- This button will stop the call timer and should be used when the caller hangs up.
- This is the caller info box, clicking here will allow you to match the client/site of the person calling. Filling in the caller name will match to a user under this site.
- Clicking here will open the call script selection dialogue.
- This is where you should enter notes for the call.
- These two options will log a ticket or log AND close a ticket. The 'Complete' button will close the call screen.
- When a client is selected, other tickets they have logged will appear here.
Adding and Creating Scripts
In the Configuration Console you can edit the call scripts by clicking on the below icon. Clicking into any existing call script or clicking "New" will bring up the edit screen.
The edit screen itself is self-explanatory with the name and notes being evident. The list of questions is underneath these.
1. The sequence is the order in which the questions appear in the list, this is ordered low to high.
2. Pick a question type, this will decide on the responses that are available.
3. Fill in the question.
4. Input the responses allowed if you selected pick an option or select the field to populate when filled in.
5. Select the next question if necessary or to end the call script here.
Integrating with Calling Software
We currently support screen popping to the call screen, input the URL to your Web App with /call at the end such as https://support.nethelpdesk.com/Call?showmenu=false&callerid=@callerid . This will populate the client site if matched on the phone number for incoming or outgoing.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars