How PSPS Ltd improved efficiency and attained complete transparency over operations with Halo Service Desk.
Save hours of manual admin work every day
Improved efficiency and attained complete transparency over operations
Enhanced communication within and between departments
HR and IT
In a sentence or two, tell us what your company does?
PSPS Ltd is a shared service provider for the public sector, providing core services for several councils across Lincolnshire. We provide services such as Finance, ICT, HR and Customer Contact to multiple councils.
Before you found our solution, what problems were you facing? In other words, what led you to try our product?
Before using Halo, we had nothing in place as far as ticketing systems or task organising goes, the team were email and paper based. This made it very difficult to organise and quantify work, manage performance and demonstrate delivery of service level agreements. It often resulted in a lot of back and forth trying to obtain information and sign off. Our ICT team had already implemented Halo and were pleased with the system, so we decided to try to adapt it for HR use.
Which features and integrations have you been using and why?
We have been using the service portal as a comprehensive catalogue of forms that our customers/employees can use to make any type of request to HR and Payroll. We use the approval processes attached to the front end of the process to carry out approval procedures before the tickets arrive in HR and we have it all integrated with the Active Directory so that changes made to roles and company structure remain up to date. We have made use of many custom actions, workflows and ticket rules to make this system work in a HR environment and use reporting extensively to provide data on our workloads to show quantity, type and the source of requests we receive.
What are some of the concrete ways the tool has helped you?
- The elimination of paper request forms has modernised the department and made it possible to fully control the processes and automate approval procedures, giving clear and auditable lines of approval.
- We no longer have to send forms back and forth to get the correct information added or correct signatures applied as the portal forms ensure each request contains all the required information before it is submitted and this has reduced wasted time significantly.
- We can identify where a missing request is in the process where before it was a piece of paper on a desk somewhere.
- We can measure our workload, adherence to SLA targets and analyse the type of work received and where that comes from. None of which was possible before.
- We can now organise work by team and have work automatically directed to the appropriate team or individual, increasing our efficiency.
As well as using it for HR, could you discuss how you use the Halo system for your IT teams too?
In terms of the IT department, they make use of the portal to handle service requests and incident reporting. We also have notifications and actions that link between HR and IT, allowing us to reduce duplication of work by users. For example, a ticket sent to HR might include some IT information which will send automatic notifications to IT and create the relevant work item in their system.
Would you recommend Halo and why?
I would. It is stable and user friendly from the customer point of view. I find it to be versatile enough that, multiple departments can utilise it for the relevant tasks required. The helpdesk team at Halo are also a very helpful group which makes trying new things a less stressful experience.
Try Halo Service Desk free for 30 days.
Immediate Access. No Credit Card Required.