Halo Service Desk Active Directory Integration
Integrate Active Directory with Service Desk software to seamlessly synchronise users and agents
If you’re from the education sector, or a larger organisation with lots of staff, you’re more than likely to have all of your end-users stored in an Active Directory structure of containers.
If your LDAP containers are in good order, you can mirror the structure within Halo Service Desk, all at the click of a button. Even if your LDAP structure needs some attention, Halo Service Desk can adapt the tree structure to how you wish to structure it, whilst running an ongoing, regular sync of data.
Should anyone leave the organisation, Halo Service Desk will inactivate users that are no longer active in the directory, if no tickets exist for them. If they are still with you, bring over all the information about them in your AD into Halo Service Desk.
- Import all of your end-users accounts from AD to Halo Service Desk.
- Map data from their entries directly to Halo Service Desk fields.
- Choose what information is mapped, what has usefulness.
- Map containers to site level, populate users in an instant.
- Setup an ongoing sync with your AD, to ensure data quality.
- Set the sync on your terms, so as not to overburden resources.
- Also import Agent accounts, as well as end-users.
- Use Windows Authentication to ensure automatic login.
If you are supporting end-users internally, are within an education organisation, or have access to Customer’s Active Directories, Halo Service Desk can integrate with their containers, to populate your Area/Client treeview as part of an ongoing sync. The Active Directory wizard allows Sites to be linked to OU Containers in the Active Directory. If your Active Directory is in good order, and sensibly organised, Halo Service Desk can easily mimic this.
The functionality within Halo Service Desk that allows Active Directory information to be mapped to their relevant Halo Service Desk fields within the setup. Leave the Active Directory as the Master Database, and update Halo Service Desk on an ongoing Active Directory sync.
To find out about our other integrations available, visit our integration page.